Friday 16 May 2008

Final Outcome



Pictured above is my final outcome for this unit of work, a large plaster sculpture from a ring shaped mould. I have incorporated elements derived from various stages of my studies so far. I have tried to create a sculpture that satisfies a completeness of form, this idea came from looking at the sructures of Richard Deacon. I have created balance by placing the central hole slightly off centre. I have paid careful attention to the edges and curves of the sculptue, which were inpired primarily from my studies of a banana. The piece is also heavily influenced by the work of Gaudi and his chimnies. Overall I think this has been a successful outcome. would have liked to have achieved a slightly smoother surface on the sculpture but the plaster I used is currently too wet for me to do so. For presentation purposes the sculpture will be placed on-end on plaster plinth.

No comments: